Saturday, May 30, 2015

Somewhat productive Saturday & My Sister's Memorial Service

 A photo at the beginning of my sister's Memorial Service. My daughters were able to Skype with me and I got to watch all of the service before the phone got too hot and shut down the video feed.  Thank you to my daughters for doing this for me today. It meant SO much!
 Dinner... I only had 1 hamburger... it had bacon bits in it and blue cheese, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. *frown*  I made 2 patties and shared one with the doggies.
 This stream is about 1 block from where I live (but, to get to this spot, it's about 1/4 mile?).
 They have some wayside picnic areas along the slough/stream.
 This path starts about 1/4th of a block from my house... it's the first time I have taken the dogs for a walk on it (and my first time on the path).  Because they wore their coats over the winter, and have been fenced in since "break-up", I don't know where I put their leashes. So, I think I will take them over tomorrow and get them outfitted with new harnesses.
One of the things I did today was that I mowed my back yard... looks good... will be glad when the grass begins to grow in the areas I refilled with dirt (the previous owner had some big dogs that dug holes).

Other than that, this morning I was out of the house by 9:30am (that's almost a record for me on weekend mornings). I went over to the Farmer's market and got some heatable mittens (using wheat grain and you microwave them), to help out my thumbs when they are in pain.  Then I stopped by "Buns on the Run" and picked up a blueberry muffin.  From there it was over to the Alaska Feed store to pick up some snacks for the dogs... then to Walmart to find something to clean my little pool with (gonna use a net that you use for fish tanks! LOL), and got a couple groceries. Then I had to head home so I could be there in case my daughters (or someone) could Skype my sister's Memorial service, which they were able to do.  After the Memorial Service, I didn't feel up to doing much, so just surfed the web and listened to some mellow music.  Finally I got some energy up and went out and mowed the back yard.  At least doing it during the day, the mosquitos didn't seem as bad.  After resting from that, I went back out to do some more errands. I signed up for Dish Network (they are going to come out next Saturday and install it) and then stopped by Verizon because I had a question about my phone. I have to say, that the Verizon folks have always been very responsive to my questions/needs.  From there I made the mistake of going to Sam's Club... you can't get out of there without spending less than $100. Most of the stuff I bought will last a long time and won't go to waste. I got a pack of 2 steaks (and that's where I got the burgers above) and I bought a 4lb thing of hamburger (I divide it into 4 portions and freeze it.

I came home and made dinner... (and have been listening to my "Echo" music (on my Echo device) almost all day).  Tonight about 9:30 I took the dogs out for a walk (remember, here, that would be like 6pm where you are, because of our extended daylight).  The doggies are worn out... and now it's after 11pm, I'm going to try to be in bed asleep before midnight tonight.

So... g'night,
- Kris

No comments: