Friday, December 12, 2008

Haleiwa flooding

I copied this picture from the Honolulu Advertiser... it is a photo that was taken up on the North Shore, it shows you some of the worst flooding that occured.

And then... apparently there was a HUGE sewage spill up near where I work and the road that I take daily to work is now closed indefinitely! They are saying at least 90 days... darn it... I sure hope not! That extends my commute by at least double (at least the gas prices are down). I think it will take less than it would otherwise, because a lot of military use the same road & it will inconvience them and give more impetus to fix it faster (I hope). I came home the longer way today and man did it downpour this evening. I had left my phone at home this morning so I didn't have it with me in case I would have ran into any problems. It was raining (downpouring!) and there was lightening & thundering. But, I DID make it home okay.

I had my appt this morning, it went well. We are switching some of my meds around, hopefully it will help. I *really* like my doctor, I think I've had her for 3 years now. Which reminds me, today was my 7th anniversary of my gastric bypass surgery. Still don't regret it... although I've put some of the weight back on and would do it again to get the additional weight back off. (I know, I know... I just need to be more vigilant in what I eat and exercise more).

Work was okay, didn't get as much done as I had hoped... but guess that's just the story of my life for now. One of these days I'll get caught up.

Okay... I'm going to sign off.

Aloha!
- Kris

No comments: